The Farmer badge was one of the original badges in1910.  It was quickly changed to Dairymaid in 1912
before becoming Landworker in 1917.

In the Guider magazine in 1966, the Farmer badge was introduced and the design described as a sheaf of corn. 
The farmer badge in the 1968 Guide Handbook however shows the badge to have the sickle that was used on the previous
Landgirl badge.  In 1976, the design in the handbook changes to the sheaf of corn:

1976 - 1994
1995 - 1999

This design remains until the badge is discontinued in 1999.

Back to Index